The Big Give is a 26-hour online giving event to make a difference through kindness. The Columbus Foundation, its family of donors, and corporate and community partners have provided a $1.3 Million+ Bonus Pool, encouraging everyone to support nonprofits they care about. Everyone who gives will have their donation(s) increased. In addition, the Foundation is covering all credit card fees, so 100 percent of your donation(s) goes to Women Have Options to help us connect those needing abortion and birth control to financial assistance so they can afford their reproductive choices, allowing them to access that choice with dignity.
**We're really excited y'all! It's our FIRST Big Give!
WHEN IT'S TIME, GIVE AT: https://columbusfoundation.org/the-giving-store/nonprofit-directory-listing/WomenHaveOptionsOhio/12332
Why are we participating?:
Not only should we never miss a good opportunity to raise more funds, this also raises our profile in the Central Ohio philanthropic community. This is a great opportunity to highlight our work and encourage folks to join us!
How do folks participate?:
- Make a donation to support Women Have Options through The Giving Store, beginning on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. ET, through Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. ET. To begin, visit https://columbusfoundation.org/the-giving-store/nonprofit-directory-listing/WomenHaveOptionsOhio/12332.
- Columbus Foundation donors can make a donation using their Donor Advised Fund or Supporting Foundation starting at a minimum of $100, or $20 by using a major credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). The general public may participate by using a major credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), starting with a minimum gift of $20.
- And in general, helping us spread the word!
- More info in the FAQ attached.
Quick ways to help to spread the word BEFORE the BIG day:
- Invite your friends to the Facebook Event at https://www.facebook.com/events/233169407214142/
- Forward our emails to friends with a personalized note.
- Post about the event on social media. Explain that it will be our first Big Give participating and we are hoping to make a big splash!
- Tell your friends about it when you see them or give them a call. (This is kinda a big deal.)
Ways to help ON the BIG day:
- Post about the event and share our BIG GIVE social media posts all day long
- Host a dinner party or have friends to a happy hour to celebrate and chat with them about WHO/O.
- Call friends to tell them about the event/ remind them
SAMPLE FACEBOOK STATUSES:
- Make a difference for abortion access and reproductive freedom during the @Columbus Foundation #BigGive. 26-hours of giving and doing good in Central Ohio starting at 10/10/17 at 10am! #fundabortion #buildpower http://bit.ly/BigGiveWHOO
- I’m giving to @WHOOhio because I believe that everyone– regardless of where they live or their economic status – has the right to make decisions about whether and when to parent, and to access abortion with compassion and dignity. #abortionaccess. Join me! @Columbus Foundation #BigGive http://bit.ly/BigGiveWHOO
- Share our page posts, tell folks why you support us and challenge them to do the same)
- I’m giving to @WHOOhio because everyone deserves #abortionaccess. @ColsFoundation #BigGive http://bit.ly/BigGiveWHOO
- A right without access is meaningless. I’m giving to @WHOOhio during @ColsFoundation #BigGive http://bit.ly/BigGiveWHOO
- (Retweet our tweets and challenge your friends to give and spread the word)