Creating a Facebook fundraiser on #GivingTuesday is a great way to raise awareness and funds for WHO/O (and potentially access some sweet, sweet Bill and Melinda Gates matching funds.) Also, all fees are being waved so 100% raised that day goes to WHO/O.
What I need you to do:
- After 8am on Giving Tuesday (11/28) I need you to start a FB fundraiser. (Go to the Women Have Options - Ohio page and click the "fundraisers" button on the left to see all ongoing fundraisers and start one.)
- Set the goal to $1000 or less (the Gates Foundation is only matching UP TO $1K per fundraiser) and the timing to just that day.
- Use whatever image you want or our #GivingTuesday cover.
- Write a short and spunky intro. This should be exciting and casual- it should speak to your friends.
*Here's some sample language:
Title- #Give2WHOO on #GivingTuesday
Text- In honor of #GivingTuesday, the money I raise through this fundraiser will be matched up to $1,000 by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (tech monies for #abortionaccess!), and Facebook is waiving all fees. Please support this cause, and your donation can be doubled!
This #GivingTuesday, abortion funds need your support more than ever. In an increasingly abortion hostile landscape, more individuals will face challenges getting the abortions they need. Your donation might be the difference between someone getting the care they need and not being able to access their abortion. #fundabortion
Thank you for supporting abortion access for all!
5. And now, stick with it. As your friends donate, enthusiastically thank them and encourage others to help you meet your goal! It's a rush!
6. After your fundraiser, encourage your friends to do the same. Giving is contagious!
** Need an example? You can see my whole fundraiser from last year HERE:https://www.facebook.com/donate/10104456908511534/. All comments included.
Thank you for doing all you do all year long to raise funds and awareness for abortion access!