Like every non-profit fund, Women Have Options hosts fundraising events every year.
Each spring, we participate in the National Abortion Access Bowl-a-Thon, sponsored by the National Network of Abortion Funds, where abortion funds across the country go bowling for choice. Local activists, pro-choice groups, and businesses form teams to raise money for abortion access—and then we celebrate with a bowling party!
We also hold other events throughout the year—sometimes a wine tasting, sometimes a jewelry party, sometimes house parties, sometimes an annual meeting with our allies and supporters. Look below, join our mailing list or our Facebook page to find out what we’re planning, and how you can get involved.
If you would like to host an event to raise money for WHO/O email us!
Oh, it's on! And it's spectacular. Every year, WHO/O supporters take it to the alleys--the bowling alleys--to raise money for abortion access in Ohio!
Here's how it works: get a few friends together to start a team or join a team (come up with a great name) and help us bowl over barriers to abortion access.
As you know, discriminatory laws in Ohio have put abortions even more out of reach of many, and WHO/O is hustling overtime to try to help more people as things get harder.
And we really need your help!
Interested in limbering up your strike arm but you have a question or two? We've got answers!
- Why should I bowl? To help WHO/O raise needed money to make abortion accessible for Ohioans
- Where is it, again? In Columbus. Exact information about the bowling alley to come when you sign up!
- When is it? Kickoff Event: February 21, 2018, at PINS Mechanical BOWL-A-THON: April 21, 2018
- I can't bowl! Oh, bowling skills are not required. All you need is a sense of humor and the drive to help folks who need abortion access!
- I'm still confused. That's okay, there's more info HERE.
While the Hyde Amendment denies abortion coverage to low-income people, people of color, and others facing barriers to abortion coverage, our bowlers won't stand for this aggression and they're doing something about it!
2018 Choice Sponsors
We want to thank our generous sponsors for making bowl-a-thon possible and for showing their commitment to making sure that ability to pay isn't a barrier to accessing your right to safe and legal abortion. Email email@example.com to sponsor the event! Or get the info HERE.
- NARAL PRO-CHOICE OHIO
- THE ACLU OF OHIO (IN MEMORY OF ADRIENNE GAVULA)
- WHOLLY CRAFT & SURPRISE! MODERN PARTY
- CAPITAL CARE NETWORK OF TOLEDO/ FOUNDER'S WOMEN'S HEALTH CENTER
ALLYSaturday, April 21, 2018 at 07:00 PMWomen Have Options Bowl-a-thon0 RSVPs