Hello, abortion access advocates!
Are you busy fundraising this week for Bowl-A-Thon 2014? Thank you! We have some advice to step-up your fundraising game: practice your elevator pitch!
An elevator pitch is a short, 1-2 sentence statement that you have at the ready whenever you are talking about Women Have Options and why you support us. Are you prepared to answer the inevitable question: why should I donate to WHO/O?
Think about your pitch before you need it, and do what we do: practice a few times! Saying the words out loud will help you be ready when the times comes to make your case with a potential donor.
Here are some example elevator pitches from our board of directors:
- 1. I am raising money for abortion access because if a woman cannot afford her choice, she doesn’t really have one.
- I am raising money for abortion access because new Ohio laws have forced several clinics to close, and more are in danger of closing, which makes it more difficult, more expensive, and more dangerous for women to choose abortion.
- I am raising money for abortion access because I believe all women have the right to choose a safe and legal abortion, and I donate to match my beliefs and values because women have the right to choice and access.
- I am raising money for abortion access because I believe all women should have the life they deserve.
- I am raising money for abortion access because an abortion, when needed, is a blessing, and I honor women who choose to terminate just like I honor motherhood.